What Remains of Heaven - C.S. Harris I wasn't particularly impressed with the first book in this series and as a consequence didn't read the second one. But I gave the series another go and have enjoyed numbers 3, 4 and 5. What Remains of Heaven is a good read, interesting and well-plotted. However, there are some aspects of Ms Harris' writing which I find irritating and I would have given this book 3 1/2 stars if that choice had been available to me. I accept that Ms Harris has researched the period in which the novels are set, but I do not think that she does as good a job of giving the reader a sense of being completely immersed in the Regency world as did Georgette Heyer, for example, in her novels. I think this is chiefly down to the language, which at times seems anachronistic. It is also, at times, repetitive. I don't know if "bloody hell" was a commonly used exclamation in Regency England. But even if it was, having almost every male character use the expression several times in every conversation (ok, I'm exaggerating!) gets tedious. Still, I enjoyed this novel enough to genuinely look forward to the next instalment.